This article describes the guidelines to be followed by developers working on SunPy. If you are thinking of contributing to SunPy please read the following carefully.
We currently recommend the Newcomers’ Guide as the place to start. This goes over the basics and has links to useful tutorials on git.
- Newcomers’ Guide
- Coding Standards
- SunPy Documentation Rules
- Testing Guidelines
- Pull Request Review and GitHub Members
- Example Gallery
- Use of quantities and units
- Creating new SunPy Subclasses (Maps, TimeSeries)
- Workflow for Maintainers
- Logging, Warnings, and Exceptions
- Remote Data Manager
- Global Settings
- Submodule and funding
- Current status of sub-packages