These topic guides provide a set of in-depth explanations for various parts of the
sunpy core package.
They assumes you have some knowledge of what
sunpy is and how it works - if you’re starting fresh you might want to check out the Tutorial first.
How to use the topic guides
The topic guides are designed to be read in a standalone manner, without running code at the same time. Although there are code snippets in various parts of each topic guide, these are present to help explanation, and are not structured in a way that they can be run as you are reading a topic guide.
- Add a new rotation method to Map
- Adding new data sources to Fido
- How “HISTORY” and “COMMENT” FITS Keys are Handled in sunpy
- Advanced Installation
- Logging system
- Writing a new instrument Map class
- A Detailed Look at the TimeSeries Metadata
- The role of “rsun” in sunpy